Sunday 27 September 2009

juno exercise

first we went into the classroom and was split into groups of four. we started off by watching the Juno opening on the laptops. then we had to storyboard the opening as we watched it through. my storyboard was very rough and caused a few laughs in my group. we then where told we were going to be filming our storyboard. unfortunately I was ill the day that we where filming so I do not know what happened. I was back to do the editing on Tuesday. we where split into pairs to edit the film. I was with angelica. we both contributed to the editing evenly and I think we worked well together. we tried as best as we could to keep the film in time with the music as it did in the original Juno. the main tool we used on final cut was the in out tool. this allows you to cut points of the film easily and drag it into place on the timeline. It was quite difficult to keep our film in time with the Juno film as our scenes were shorter than each scene from the Juno original. Our edited film looked different from the original as we couldn’t get the same camera angles and also we didn’t have the same camera effects. I am pleased with the end product even though we could have added credits and an affect to make it look a bit more like the Juno opening. The group worded well together , Each person contributing to the hole project playing there role within the group. If I was to change anything it would be how long each scene was as it was a push to make the opening the correct length . To make the video the right length we had to slow down some scenes this made the video look very strange in places as yasmine (our Juno) was walking in slow motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment